Apacer DOM - 90 degree

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
plane_crazy

Apacer DOM - 90 degree

Post by plane_crazy »

I found these:

http://www.e-itx.com/apacer-adm-2-44p-90d.html

Does anyone know if there is a size limitation as to what will be recognized by the BIOS? IOW can I use the 8GB unit in the DT366? These prices don't look too bad (do they?).

Bruce
plane_crazy
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Re: Apacer DOM - 90 degree

Post by david_halliday »

Umm, you may have to sand the connector down. The DT 366 uses a low profile connector like the one pictured here

http://www.e-itx.com/apacer-adm-3-44p-90d.html

Note the contact go all the way to the surface.

Dave.
HyperNewb
Developer
Developer

Post by HyperNewb »

would those adm III work with the dt?
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Did anyone notice at the bottom of the page that the 3.3v units were sold as "OEM only". Also check out the specs on these. The ADMII is quite a bit faster and cheaper than the ADMIII if one were able to buy one. Would this work in our units?

Can anyone answer the question of "is there a size limitation as to what can be installed and recognized"? And are there any opinions as to recommended sizes i.e. price vs size vs space required for OS?

Thanks

Bruce
plane_crazy
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Order same module from e-itx and order was canceled after Apeser notified e-itx that DT366 has special code and only available via DT Research.....
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

This sounds like marketing speak for we can charge big bucks if it is DT Research only. The DT 366 uses standard chips (Geode GX) so there is nothing 2 special there. Some things I can think of are the DT 366 modules are low profile. I have also been thinking that they may even be 270 degree modules. There are 2 possible ways the connector could bend at the PCB. If this is the case you would end up putting VCC on Data 7 and Data8 and ground the reset pin.

|
                        |
   -----------       |     -----------
               ||      ||    ||

90      180   270

This document shows pictures of Rightward and Leftward flash. (aka 90 270 modules)

http://www.psism.com/Apro%20Micro%20IDE%20Specs.pdf
Dave.
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

Oh and one other thing,  I do not know if the DT 366 needs a PIO or UDMA modules.

If anyone has their DT366 open what part numbers if any are on the internal module?

Dave.
Last edited by david_halliday on Thu May 14, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

Check my Internal Hardware Documentation post, the information you need should be there.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

OK here is another possible flash module. Note, it looks like the connector is higher so may need some sanding. Operating voltage 3.3 -> 5 and type A has pin 1 to the right which I belive is what we want also the wear leveling looks really good at 2mil cycles.

http://www.memorydepot.com/ssd/listcat. ... EDC400044A

Dave.
praetorian

Post by praetorian »

The original flash unit (atleast in my 366) is made by CoreSolid Storage. The 4GB chip *should* have the part number DH0040G22RP1 but I cant find anyone that sells it (and has the part number listed). I have contacted their UK sales partner to see if they stock a disk that will work.

These ones caught my eye:
http://www.milesie.co.uk/shop/asp/produ ... roduct=708
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

Please keep us posted if you find somthing.

Dave.
rectic

Post by rectic »

My 1GB is Apacer: P/N: 8D.4B026.520, M/N: AP-FM1024AL0C5-NJ, couldn't find anything on it either. I emailed Apacer and never heard back as well..
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

I would not use those part numbers as much as a specification in your inquiries. These are protected oem material. Meaning that those part numbers pop up in a computer as something that only DT or DT resellers are allowed access to. A friend of mine works parts and shipping at a milspec component house. He is also awaiting a response from apacer on those numbers and apacer is one of their lines.
mc-don

Post by mc-don »

I used an ADM2 4GB 90 in my DT360 and it works, tried an ADM3 first but it has the wrong connector. You must file the connector down about 50% or just until you see the metal pin holes. The master / slave pins need to be removed and then the case can be closed completely. Loaded XP Tablet and everything works.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Please tell us where to find this DOM. How much $?

Please share all the info (detailed - step by step) you have on this. The guys here have been trying for a long time to find something bigger that will A) work and B) fit.

Bruce
plane_crazy