Apacer DOM - 90 degree

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
mc-don

Re: Apacer DOM - 90 degree

Post by mc-don »

http://www.e-itx.com/ap-fm4096a10c5g.html
This is the 4GB ATA flash module, you need to file the connector until you reach the contacts (be careful to keep the surface even). On the second side clip off 3 of the 4 pins for Master /Slave selection (2 slave, 1 master), then bend the last Master pin over and solder to the cut master pin. The module with the completed mods will fit in with the back fully closed. Cost was $118 plus shipping
Last edited by mc-don on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
seva

Post by seva »

mc-don wrote: On the second side clip off 3 of the 4 pins for Master /Slave selection (2 slave, 1 master), then bend the last Master pin over and solder to the cut master pin.
So, pinout is standard except for this manipulation with Master/Slave pins?!
mc-don

Post by mc-don »

Yes it is.
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

seva wrote:
mc-don wrote: On the second side clip off 3 of the 4 pins for Master /Slave selection (2 slave, 1 master), then bend the last Master pin over and solder to the cut master pin.
Not sure I understand what you saying about the pins (second side??). Can you supply pics or a diagram?

Bruce
plane_crazy
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

mc-don,

Did you buy this directly from the website you posted (Apacer)?

Bruce
plane_crazy
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

The OEM that made the connector for the WebDT no longer does. There is slim to no chance you will fine something that fits unless you retrofit the webDT with a new header... which wasnt all too hard for me.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.
ramwar

Post by ramwar »

I used an ADM2 4GB 90 in my DT360 and it works, tried an ADM3 first but it has the wrong connector. You must file the connector down about 50% or just until you see the metal pin holes. The master / slave pins need to be removed and then the case can be closed completely. Loaded XP Tablet and everything works.
Is this chip for the dt360 5V or 3.3V?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Not sure how to answer your question ramwar but if it helps out at all I have a 1gb chip that I transfer back and forth between 366 and 360. Foxx can help better than I on the actuals of the hardware for the 366. Foxx needs to get ahold of a DT360 to do  an evaluation actually. If you know anyone who has a spare or if you would be willing to part with yours for a bit ....

My gut feeling is that there are two revisions of the 360. I have a mini pcie wifi card in mine and most are mini pci from what I hear. On mine I need only remove the battery to gain access to the internal flash. Hopefully yours is as easy.
rectic

Post by rectic »

quotaholic wrote: Not sure how to answer your question ramwar but if it helps out at all I have a 1gb chip that I transfer back and forth between 366 and 360. Foxx can help better than I on the actuals of the hardware for the 366. Foxx needs to get ahold of a DT360 to do  an evaluation actually. If you know anyone who has a spare or if you would be willing to part with yours for a bit ....

My gut feeling is that there are two revisions of the 360. I have a mini pcie wifi card in mine and most are mini pci from what I hear. On mine I need only remove the battery to gain access to the internal flash. Hopefully yours is as easy.
I'm fairly certain you are correct here. The CE revision (the one most available on eBay) has the VIA chip, while the XPe/TabletPC has another. I know when I asked around to upgrade to a real image, I was told you cannot upgrade from the CE to the XPe/TabletPC as they have different specifications.
ramwar

Post by ramwar »

Not sure how to answer your question ramwar but if it helps out at all I have a 1gb chip that I transfer back and forth between 366 and 360. Foxx can help better than I on the actuals of the hardware for the 366. Foxx needs to get ahold of a DT360 to do  an evaluation actually. If you know anyone who has a spare or if you would be willing to part with yours for a bit ....

Actually i have not opened mine. I dont have an antistatic strap and im afraid to ruin it.
Mine is a 360 LX with 1gb flash rom and 512 RAM. Mine has XP Tablet edition on it.
I'm fairly certain you are correct here. The CE revision (the one most available on eBay) has the VIA chip, while the XPe/TabletPC has another. I know when I asked around to upgrade to a real image, I was told you cannot upgrade from the CE to the XPe/TabletPC as they have different specifications.
hmm. wonder if is possible to transfer a CE chip from a 366 to mine.

If any of you here has a CE image from their dt360 that would like to share with me, and has patience to work me through the process of backing up my current disk image and mountin the CE image on my flash card, i will try.
it. I will sahre my experience and also share the current image on my dt360LX (XP tablet)
rectic

Post by rectic »

The chips are the same, but the drivers are not.
ramwar

Post by ramwar »

The chips are the same, but the drivers are not.
Is what i suspected. Even if the chips on dt366 and dt360 are the same, an OS image from a DT366
will not work on a DT360.

So if  anyone has a CE image taken from a DT360 that would like to share with me
it will be very cool.